Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Origami Mobile



Hi friends! While on our desolate and heart-warming Vermont Vacation this summer, my college best friend Lauren came to the woods to hang out with me! Lauren is an art teacher in the Hudson Valley, NY, and brought Origami papers to host "arts and crafts" with me. We folded fancy papers into dolls...and the dolls became a mobile for Justine's Baby Girl, whose shower we were attending that weekend in Maine!
I dug through the previous home-owner's wood collection for the hanger, we cut up an iridescent, lavender, hippy-dippie skirt for dangling branches, and finally sewed on lime-yellow faceted beads.
FUN time! I LOVE arts and crafts...and to know that our friend's new baby girl (due in November) would set her eyes on this project made us happy.
I'll post pictures of Justine opening this whimsical homemade mobile at her alfresco baby shower next....

No comments:

Post a Comment